Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Letter from Thomas Vinterberg

We've invited Thomas Vinterberg to the project and this is what he has replyed:

"Dear Anna Westerling

The project, or game, that you are describing sounds challenging and very interesting. I like your desire to explore new territory and I am sure it will be fruitful.

Unfortunately exploring Celebration in different forms is no longer new territory for me. Maybe the best known territory for me, of all. Therefore I can't participate my self, but only wish you the best of luck.

I am aware this is not about Celebration as such, and that other plays are as present, but still... Celebration is history for me now. Like a son, who has grown up, and is taking better care of himself now.

Best wishes,"


I think it's a very vise answer, and my respect for him grows. So we will have some days spending some time with he's grown son.

2 comments:

p said...

First of all, nice try with Vinterberg. His response was very understandable, almost predictable; but it would have really been cool to have him on the spot.

Second thing, as one of the (few? many?) non-Swedish, non-Scandinavian attendees-to-be to the event, I'm very glad to find at last a post I can read. If you feel like posting in English again in the future, I will appreciate it, since I'm curious about how the setting up is going, and I feel that following it could possibly help to better tune up with your vision. But please don't feel obliged.

Arr team En stilla middag med familjen said...

Sorry for not writing in English, it’s depends on my not always perfect written English, but I shall switch language from now on. Thank you for pointing it out!

No, you’re not the only English-speaking persons. Right now there are 25 people signed up to the forth and English speaking game from 6 different nations which is great fun. I’m especially happy for you guys from Italy and Germany which haven’t had that much contact with the Nordic larp scene before.

Best,

Anna